BASIC FIRE FIGHTING & EMERGENCY EVACUATION
About: Learners credited with this unit standard will be able to demonstrate knowledge of working place fires, their probable causes, how to prevent them, how they are detected and how to apply emergency firefighting procedures.
- To describe the specified requirements pertaining to responding to emergencies according to action plan procedures in a workplace, Implement and manage emergency action plan procedures.
DURATION: 2 days
SAQA ID: 120331 & 120329
NQF LEVEL: 3
PREREQUISITES: Communications at NQF Level 2 and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2
COST: R2 200.00
- Fire Marshalls, Safety Representatives and Safety Officers
- Demonstrate knowledge of fires in the workplace and Emergency evacuation procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of working place fires.
- Understand probable causes and how to prevent them,
- Demonstrate knowledge of fire detection methods
- Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to fire preparedness.
- Implement and manage emergency action plan procedures.
- Responding to emergencies according to action plan procedures in a workplace