OHSAS 18001 (Development and implementation) – Assist a company implement health and safety requirements.
ISO 9001 (Development and implementation) – Is a tool to assist the company implement a Quality management system.
Safety management plans
Safety Files – – It’s a requirement from Construction Regulations that enables companies implement health and safety (compilation and implementation)
Staff sourcing (Safety Officers & Environmental officers)
Occupational Hygiene surveys
- Illumination survey – Lighting levels must be measured in the workplace to prevent potential harm to exposed employees (Environmental Regulations for Workplaces)
- Heat / and Cold stress – Conducted to determine safe exposure of employees to either heat or extreme cold environments.
- Noise survey – Conducted to determine if any person may be exposed to noise levels at or above the noise rating limit as stipulated by law (Noise Induced Hearing Loss regulations – OHS Act 85 of 1993)
- Air Quality monitoring – Conducted to determine the presence of hazardous chemical substances and minimize their adverse effects to employees.
- ISO 14001 (Development and implementation) – Serves as a tool to assist an organisation manage their environmental aspects and impacts.
- Environmental Impact Assessments studies
- Waste management plans
- Environmental Audits
- Environmental management plans
- Energy efficiency
- Compilation of Environmental training material
- Invasive Alien Plant Eradication.
- Site Environmental Control Officer (SECO) duties include the following:
- Monitor compliance to Environmental Management Plan.
- Conduct periodic noise measurements.
- Periodic Environmental site inspections
- Ensure implementation of NEMA, ECA, & National Water Act.
- Conduct environmental audits on constructions sites.
- Ensure compliance to South African National Building Standard.
- Monitoring the implementation of ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System)