DURATION: 1 day
NQF LEVEL: 4
CREDITS : 4
COST: R 1 350 per delegate
In the workplace, there are laws that govern that workplace and it is the duty of the CEO to ensure that his organization complies with those laws, and that employees are informed as well. Having uninformed employees is a ticking time bomb for any business, as their actions and how they respond to situations can either make or break that organization.
In this workshop we will discuss what liabilities are and how they impact the day to day operation of the business. We also look at how an organization can position itself in order to respond accordingly should there be a need to defend themselves against any form of liability.
- What is legal liability – plus related terminology
- South African legal system
- Types of liabilities – Including ways to protect yourself against them
- Health and Safety legislation and liabilities ( OHS ACT, COID,NEMA)
- Related case studies
- Supervisors and managers
- Project managers and company owners
- Safety managers/ Specialists/ SHE Representatives
- It is very important for any business to understand their scope of liabilities they can potentially face or incur.
- This workshop is an important awareness tool to assist organizations with understanding liabilities attached to legislation.
- Managers and executives are taken through the Occupational Health and Safety Act, COIDA, and National Environmental Management Act in order to have a basic understanding of their legal responsibilities.