OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE PRINCIPLES
DURATION: 3 days
SAQA ID: 259609, 259638 and 244422
NQF LEVEL: 3
PREREQUISITES: Grade 12
COST: R 3 040
About: This course will enable the learner to do the following:
- Explain the ceiling limits and effects of the gases and vapours.
- Explain the various types of detection and measurement methodologies for the gases and vapours and the detection instruments’ operation.
- Explain the characteristics, sources, occurrence of the gases and vapours.
- Explain the action to be taken and consequences of not taking action if the gases and vapours are encountered.
- Explain the concept of Occupational Hygiene in the working place, and acceptable occupational hygiene conditions.
- Explain how to deal with abnormal occupational hygiene conditions in the work place.
- Explaining requirements pertaining to illumination and effects thereof.
- SHE Representatives,
- SHE Committee members and SHE practitioners
- Safety/ SHEQ Officers
- Assistant Occupational hygienists
- This unit standard is for persons who are entering employment and need to know the basics of Occupational Hygiene.