DURATION: 5 Days
SAQA ID: 120317, 120324 & 120339
NQF LEVEL: 3
PREREQUISITES: Grade 12
COST: R 5 500.00
About: This course will enable the learner to do the following:
The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires that the employers create a safe working environment that is without harm to employee’s health and their well-being. That requires them to conduct monitoring of all harmful agents including noise and dust.
This course equips candidates with the right tools and skills to carry out monitoring of those harmful agents in the working environment.
- SHE Representatives,
- SHE Committee members and SHE practitioners
- Safety/ SHEQ Officers
- Assistant Occupational hygienists
- Explain the basic mechanism of human hearing.
- Describe the causes and effects of exposure to noise
- Demonstrate understanding of control measures to reduce noise exposure.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of noise level monitoring and measuring procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to the measurement of sound levels and the determination of personal equivalent noise exposure levels.
- Prepare to determine noise or personal equivalent exposure
- The principle of operation of a high volume gravimetric sampler and its components.