SAFETY FOR SUPERVISORS
The role of supervisors in helping the employer implement OHS compliance in the workplace, cannot be emphasized enough.
In an organisation, supervisors need to be equipped with sufficient knowledge to understand their scope of authority, responsibilities and potential liabilities depending on their acts or omissions. This course is aimed at equipping such supervisors sufficient with knowledge to achieve legal compliance and promote a safety culture in an organisation. Knowledge of PTO’s, Lock-out systems and permit to work systems will enable supervisors to support the employer in creating a safe working environment for his employees.
DURATION: 3 Days
NQF LEVEL: 4
SAQA ID: 120344, 120359 and 120337
PREREQUISITES: SHE Principles in the workplace
Cost: R 4 300
- Safety officers & SHE Representatives
- Legal liabilities and legal appointments.
- Requirements for compliance as stipulated in the current legislation.
- Supervisor’s responsibilities.
- Duties of the employer
- Requirements for the application of a hot or cold work permit.
- Lock-out systems
- Confined spaces
- Planned Task Observations
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant current Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Monitor, report and make recommendations on the requirements applicable to permit to work systems in a working environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to the preparation, conducting, recording and follow-up actions of a planned task observation in a working place.
- Determine ways of meeting your OH&S responsibilities.
- Take leadership in implementing health and safety requirements in the workplace.
- Understand consequences of non-compliance.