DURATION: 1 day
The National Environmental Management Act revolutionized environmental law in South Africa. A drive towards conserving the environment and monitoring environmental performance has increases over the years.
In order to encourage sustainable development, companies have an obligation to keep and stakeholders informed of their responsibilities towards caring for the environment and mitigating negative impact caused by their activities.
This workshop is aimed at assisting employers in creating environmental awareness amongst their workforce. Topics to be covered are indicated below
- Introduction to Environmental Management Systems (PDCA cycle)
- Natural resources (types)
- Types of pollution and prevention thereof
- Climate change and global warming
- Waste – Types and how they impact on the environment
- Environmental policy requirements
- The use of hazardous chemicals, their storage and spillages.
- Legal requirements
- All employees and contractors
- Project managers and company owners
- SHE Representatives
- Identify different waste streams in the organization and management thereof.
- Understanding the environment and how your activities impact on the environment.
- To motivate both employers and employees in conducting themselves in ways that do not damage the environment.
- To assist/ drive organizations to identify different ways in which they can promote sustainable development.
- How environmental performance can be effectively monitored.