DURATION: 2 days
SAQA ID: 259622, 259639 and 259619
NQF LEVEL: 2
About: This course will enable the learner to do the following:
- To understand the legislation that applies to occupational health and safety; the impact that non-compliance would have in the workplace and understand the inspection protocols applicable to the workplace.
- For those people giving an induction of health and safety principles to new personnel and the person credited with this unit standard is able to explain the duties of both the employees and employers with regard to Occupational Safety and Heath in the workplace
- SHE Representatives,
- SHE Committee members and SHE practitioners
- Safety Officers
- To provide necessary skills and knowledge to understand basic health and safety principles, conduct workplace inspections and understand functions of the health and safety representatives.
- Explaining the relevant legal requirements to conduct Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) inspections.
- Planning Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) inspections.
- Conducting inspections to identify non-compliance in the workplace.
- Reporting on Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) inspections.